Have you recently found yourself uttering the words “I need a vacation”? Well, you’re not alone. According to a new survey only 25 percent of employees with paid time off took all of their vacation days last year, and 15 percent took no vacation whatsoever! What’s even worse? Almost half of the people surveyed who went on vacation, ended up working at some point during their trip. I think the message is loud and clear – it’s time for American’s to take a break and enjoy their vacation for what it’s meant to be, an escape from the stress and strains of our everyday lives.
I often get asked the question, “Why should I use a travel agent when I can book trips myself online?”
While it may appear the easiest way to book a vacation, you may want to consider your options before planning your next trip. Below I have listed the Top 10 Reasons you should move from an online travel agency such as Expedia or Orbits, to a Traditional Travel Agent (i.e. a real person with real experience). Here we go:
- We offer expert guidance - we know how to sort through the myriad of travel information
- We are internet interpreters - we understand travel codes and jargon
- We save time – saving you countless hours of research
- We offer convenience - we provide a one stop shop for all aspects of a vacation
- We offer a great value - we have access to information where we can find the best products at the very best value
- We offer added value - we can offer guidance to the best restaurants, excursions, etc.
- We offer personalized service - every client is different and we can adjust things to make sure we find what the client values
- We offer unbiased advice - we work for the client, not the suppliers
- We offer customer advocacy - we act on behalf of the client when things are not going right
- We offer professionalism - we are experts in our field and trained in our industry
And as if those aren’t enough reasons to consider making the switch, one of the best parts about letting a travel agent like myself plan your next vacation is that it’s absolutely NO COST to you! If you’ve never worked with a traditional travel agent before, I urge you to give it a try. I have a feeling you might be pleasantly surprised.